View Map
IN GUARDIA
Towns & Villages

ĦAD-DINGLI

Centru tal-Komunità, Daħhla tas-Sienja, Ħad-Dingli, DGL 1880, Malta

Ħad-Dingli

The village of Ħad-Dingli lies on a plateau some 250 metres above sea level just in land from the spectacular Dingli Cliffs.

The area provides not only open sea views over the tiny, uninhabited isle of Fifla, but also an excellent vantage point over Malta. From the cliffs there are views inland of nearby Buskett Gardens and Verdala Palace. The countryside here is ideal for walking.

Ħad-Dingli today is a quiet, rural area though in late medieval times it was one of Malta's largest parishes. The parish church of St. Mary, originally built in 1678, dominates the skyline. The streets around it are narrow and winding and typical of an old agricultural village. Perched on the cliff top is the smaller wayside chapel of St. Mary Magdalene, dating from 1646.

Within the limits of Ħad-Dingli are several prehistoric sites: the so-called `cart ruts', unexplained parallel tracks hewn in the rock; and several megalithic structures.

Contact Information

  • Contact: Dingli Local Council
  • Phone: +356 21456060
  • Phone: +356 21454555
  • Fax: +356 21457226

Facilities & Services

  • Countryside Location
  • Disabled Facilities
  • Disabled Parking
  • Garden
  • Parking
  • Public Payphone
  • Public Toilets
  • Restaurant
  • Shops within 1 km
View on Map
Malta Tourism Authority