Tthe First Malta International Organ Festival will take place between 28th August and 12th September 2014.
The opening concert will feature the highly acclaimed International Organist residing in Malta Wayne Marshall, on the newly restored organ of the St.Paul's Pro-Anglican Cathedral.
Other famous organists, apart from the Maltese ones, will come from Italy, Sicily, Holland, Norway, Russia and Estonia.
The entrance for the concerts will be free of charge.
The following is the program for the festival:
• Thursday 28th August by Wayne Marshall (UK) - Anglican Cathedral, Valletta 20.00
• Saturday 30th August by Erwin Wiersinga (Holland) - Anglican Cathedral 20.00
• Sunday 31st August by Vladimir Suzdalevich (Norway) - Anglican Cathedral -12.00
• Monday 1st September by Dion Buhagiar (Malta) – Hamrun S.Cajetan Parish – 19.30
• Tuesday 2nd September by Vladimir Suzdalevich (Norway) Voice & Organ – Balzan Annunciation Parish -19.00
• Wednesday 3rd September by the Malta Police Band - Anglican Cathedral 20.00
• Thursday 4th September by G.Libertucci (Vatican Organist – Italy) Trumpet & Organ – St. Augustine Parish Church, Valletta – 20.30
• Friday 5th September by Diego Cannizzaro (Sicily) – St John’s Co-Cathedral Oratory – 19.30
• Saturday 6th September by Vladimir Shliapnikov (Russia) Voice & Organ - Anglican Cathedral 20.00
• Sunday 7th September by John Aquilina (Malta) – St. Augustine, Valletta – 20.00
• Monday 8th September by Irina Rozanova (Russia) Maltese Composers - Anglican Cathedral 20.00
• Wednesday 10th September by Andres Uibo (Estonia) – Organ & Violin – Ta’Pinu Church, Gozo – 19.30
• Thursday 11th September by Dion Buhagiar (Malta) – Oboe & Organ – St Paul’s Mdina Cathedral – 19.30
• Friday 12th September by Andres Uibo (Estonia) – String chamber orchestra (conductor Dmitry Banaev – Russia), voice and organ – St John’s Cathedral, Valletta – 19.30