Towns & Villages

SANTA LUĊIJA

Triq Santa Lucija, Santa Luċija, Gozo

Santa Luċija

The village of Santa Luċija lies to the west of Victoria, the capital city of Gozo and right next door to Ta' Kerċem.

It is one of the greenest areas on Gozo and was once known for its fresh water springs. The church dedicated to St. Lucy, was first recorded in 1575, and rebuilt from its foundations in the 1790’s. The latest development took place in 1950. The village square is marked by a traditional stone cross. Santa Luċija (St. Lucy) is invoked by those who have problems with their eyesight. The feast day is on December 13th.

In 2008, the locality of Santa Luċija was awarded the title of European Destination of Excellence.

 

Contact Information

Facilities & Services

  • Countryside LocationCountryside Location
  • Disabled FacilitiesDisabled Facilities
  • Disabled ParkingDisabled Parking
  • ParkingParking
  • Public PayphonePublic Payphone
  • Public ToiletsPublic Toilets
  • Shops within 1 kmShops within 1 km
View on Map