Skip to main content

Risultati di Ricerca

Sintesi dei risultati trovati

Dettaglio dei risultati

Balzan Parish Church

Balzan Parish Church

Balzan became a parish on the 14th August 1655 and the old church of the Annunciation became the parish church. In December 1669 work started on the building of a new church and four years later, part of the building was already in use.

Per saperne di più
Carmelite Church and Priory

Carmelite Church and Priory

A recent addition to Mdina's visitor attractions is the Carmelite Priory and the Church which have been opened to the public.

Per saperne di più
Chapel of Santa Marija

Chapel of Santa Marija

This chapel was built in around 1430 and is one of the best preserved examples of a fifteenth-century parish church in Malta. It has some interesting frescoes and provides the ideal setting for the annual Bir Miftuħ music festival organised each spring by Din l-Art Ħelwa.

Per saperne di più
Chapel of St. Roque

Chapel of St. Roque

This chapel is a simple architectural structure roofed with stone slabs on three arches which divide it into four bays. It measures eight metres long and seven metres wide and has no side openings.

Per saperne di più
Chapel of the Annunciation

Chapel of the Annunciation

This chapel is situated in the old village of Casal Millieri, which lies between Żurrieq, Qrendi, Mqabba and Kirkop. This village was first documented in 1419 and its origins date back to Roman and possibly pre-historic times.

Per saperne di più
Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception

Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception

The collegiate church of the Immaculate Conception is the chief monumental building in Cospicua. It miraculously escaped the World War II bombing which destroyed ...

Per saperne di più
Church Of Our Lady Of Victories

Church Of Our Lady Of Victories

The Collegiate Church of Our Lady of Victories (the Parish Church of Senglea) built in 1743, was destroyed in January 1941 during a severe air attack on...

Per saperne di più
Church of Our Lady of Victory

Church of Our Lady of Victory

This small church was the first to be built in Valleta by the Order of St John. Initially it was a chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Victory. the name was appropriately chosen to commemorate Malta's triumph over a Turkish invading force during the Great Siege of 1565. Works began in 1567, and traditionally it is considered to be the sit ...

Per saperne di più