Skip to main content

Risultati di Ricerca - Scuole

Sintesi dei risultati trovati

Dettaglio dei risultati

Dwejra Tower

Dwejra Tower

Dwejra Tower is situated just off the road leading to the small enclosed bay at Dwejra in Gozo, known as the ‘inland sea'. It was completed in 1652 and periodically used by British forces up to the second World War when it was used as an observation post.

Per saperne di più
Fort Madalena

Fort Madalena

Fort Madalena was built by the British as part of the defences for the north east of the island. It is now the Headquarters and Training School of the St. John's Rescue Corps - Malta.

Per saperne di più
Fort Manoel

Fort Manoel

Fort Manoel is a fortification located on Manoel Island in Marsamxett Harbour.

Per saperne di più
Forte St. Angelo

Forte St. Angelo

Il Forte Sant’Angelo è la punta di diamante dell’eredità storico-militare delle isole maltesi. Secondo la leggenda, il forte si erge sullo stesso luogo dove sorgeva un insediamento fortificato di epoca romana.

Per saperne di più
Forte St. Elmo

Forte St. Elmo

Il Forte Sant’Elmo presidia gli approcci sia verso il Porto Grande che verso il Porto Marsamxett. Fu il teatro di un’eroica resistenza durante il Grande Assedio del 1565.

Per saperne di più
Għallis Tower

Għallis Tower

This is one of thirteen watch towers built by Grand Master de Redin between 1658 and 1659.

Per saperne di più
Qalet Marku Tower

Qalet Marku Tower

This is one of Grand Master de Redin's watch towers and is situated a few hundred metres from the Għallis Tower.

Per saperne di più
Santa Maria Tower Comino

Santa Maria Tower Comino

The Santa Marija Tower on Comino formed part of the early system of towers which the Order set up to facilitate defence and communication between the Ċittadella in Gozo and Mdina.

Per saperne di più
Tal-Ġordan Lighthouse

Tal-Ġordan Lighthouse

Għasri is home to the first lighthouse ever to be built in Gozo, known as Ta' Ġordan.

Per saperne di più
The Citadel

The Citadel

The Citadel in Gozo owes its roots to the late medieval era, but the hill has been settled since Neolithic times. After the Great Siege of 1565, the Knights set about re-fortifying it to provide refuge and defence against further attack.

Per saperne di più

Imparare Inglese|Scuole d'Inglese