Churches & Religious Sites

ST. CATHERINE'S CHUCH

Merchants Street, Valletta, Malta

St. Catherine's Chuch

St Catherine’s Church was designed by Girolamo Cassar for the Italian Knights, it adjoins the Auberge d’Italie and the church is still used today by the Italian community. Built in 1576, the façade and porch are from the rebuilding in 1713. The ‘Martyrdom of St Catherine’, the main altarpiece, is by the Italian Baroque artist Mattia Preti (1613-1699) and is one of his favourite subjects. The dome is divided into eight segments, decorated with scenes from St Catherine’s life. Opposite is the Church of Our Lady of Victories (see separate entry) where the foundation stone of Valletta was laid in 1566.

コンタクトインフォメーション

  • 電話: +356 22915440

基本情報

  • 開始日:
    • 月曜日
    • 火曜日
    • 水曜日
    • 木曜日
    • 金曜日
    • 土曜日
    • 日曜日
地図上で見る