Skip to main content

Advanced Search Results

Podsumowanie wyszukanych wyników

Szczegółowe wyniki

Church of Our Lady of Victory

Church of Our Lady of Victory

This small church was the first to be built in Valleta by the Order of St John. Initially it was a chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Victory. the name was appropriately chosen to commemorate Malta's triumph over a Turkish invading force during the Great Siege of 1565. Works began in 1567, and traditionally it is considered to be the sit ...

Przeczytaj więcej
Church of St. Gregory The Great

Church of St. Gregory The Great

The parish church of Ta' Kerċem is the only church in Gozo which is jointly dedicated to two saints – St Gregory and Our Lady of Perpetual Help.

Przeczytaj więcej
Church of St. Lawrence

Church of St. Lawrence

Vittoriosa, known as Birgu before the Great Siege of 1565, is one of the oldest parishes in Malta. St. Lawrence originally served as the conventual church of the Order of St. John before the building of Valletta...

Przeczytaj więcej
Church of St. Nicholas (All Souls)

Church of St. Nicholas (All Souls)

The church was built in 1569 by the Greek Catholics as their Byzantine Rite parish church. In 1639 the Parish Priest, Papas Giovanni Metaxi, without prejudice to the parochial rights, conceded its use to the Sodality of the Holy Souls which re-built the church.

Przeczytaj więcej
Church of the Holy Trinity

Church of the Holy Trinity

The Church of the Holy Trinity is an Anglican church located in Sliema, Malta.

Przeczytaj więcej
Church of the Sacred Heart

Church of the Sacred Heart

Il-Fontana, these days a suburb of ir-Rabat (Victoria), lies on the road to ix-Xlendi and traditionally most of the fishermen who operated out of ix-Xlendi Bay lived in this village.

Przeczytaj więcej
Collegiate Parish Church of St. Paul

Collegiate Parish Church of St. Paul's Shipwreck

The church of St. Paul traces its origins to the 1570s. Although the church of the Dominican fathers had already been declared as parish of Valletta, the Cathedral Chapter insisted on having a church of its own from where to administer sacraments to the inhabitants.

Przeczytaj więcej
Corpus Christi Church

Corpus Christi Church

The parish church of l-Għasri, the smallest village in Gozo, is dedicated to Corpus Christi. It was designed by Dun Ġużepp Diacono and constructed early in the twentieth century. Its foundation stone was laid in 1903.

Przeczytaj więcej
Dominican Priory - Rabat

Dominican Priory - Rabat

A Maltese priest, Rev. Pietru Zurchi, established the Dominican Priory and the Church dedicated to Our Lady of the Grotto in 1450.

Przeczytaj więcej
Gżira Parish Church

Gżira Parish Church

The parish church in Gżira is dedicated to Our Lady of Mount Carmel and was built after Gżira became a parish in 1921.

Przeczytaj więcej