Churches & Religious Sites

CARMELITE CHURCH AND PRIORY

Triq Villegaignon, Mdina, Malta

Carmelite Church and Priory

A recent addition to Mdina's visitor attractions is the Carmelite Priory and the Church which have been opened to the public.

The highlight of the place is undoubtedly the Refectory where the friars would congregate for communal meals. It is a rare example of the Baroque concept of the total work of art, where painting, sculpture and architecture come together to create a harmonious whole. Regular concerts are held in the refectory. The building of the Carmelite church is attributed to French architect Mederico Blondel. It was built between 1660 and 1675. Above the main altar hangs the impressive painting of The Annunciation by Stefano Erardi (1677). There are also paintings by the well known Maltese artist Giuseppe Cali.

After exploring the museum, one can extend his visit with a light lunch or tea at the Old Priory Café.

Контактная информация

  • Телефон: +356 21454524
  • Телефон: +356 79253316

Инфраструктура и услуги

  • Дети допускаютсяДети допускаются
  • Место расположенияМесто расположения
  • Общественные туалетыОбщественные туалеты
  • Принимаются основные банковские картыПринимаются основные банковские карты

Общая информация

  • Рабочие дни:
    • Понедельник
    • Вторник
    • Среда
    • Четверг
    • Пятница
    • Суббота
    • Воскресенье
  • Часы работы: 1000hrs till 1700hrs.
Вид на карте