The Malta Tourism Authority has recently launched a certification scheme to officially recognise those attractions that offer a quality experience to visitors.
Participation in this scheme is completely voluntary and so far a variety of attractions have gained the prestigious ‘Quality Assured seal', including museums, historic houses, audio-visual history shows, and others.
You will find a quality assured attraction in all the main towns including Valletta, Mdina and Rabat, as well as in smaller villages such as Siggiewi, and even on the island of Gozo.
So far 9 attractions have been awarded the certification. These are:
• Casa Rocca Piccola, Valletta
• Gozo 360° Multivision Show, Victoria, Gozo
• Malta 5D, Valletta
• Malta Aviation Museum, Ta' Qali
• Melita Trains - Sightseeing Train Tour, Mdina, Rabat & Mtarfa
• Palazzo Falson Historic House Museum, Mdina
• Playmobil FunPark, Ħal-Far
• The Limestone Heritage Park and Gardens, Siġġiewi
• Valletta Living History, Valletta
The following are some of the requirements that are met by attractions displaying the ‘Quality Assured' logo:
• The attraction is regularly audited against detailed quality criteria, such as quality of content, interpretation and layout.
• The attraction is open on a regular basis and has set opening hours.
• Staff is well-trained and offers a caring and professional service.
• The attraction values visitor feedback.
• The attraction's website includes all the information required to plan a visit, such as information on ticket prices, opening hours, directions to the attraction and accessibility.
For more detailed information on this scheme please click here.