The Malta Tourism Authority has recently launched a certification scheme to officially recognise those attractions that offer a quality experience to visitors.
Participation in this scheme is completely voluntary and so far a variety of attractions have gained the prestigious ‘Quality Assured seal', including museums, historic houses, audio-visual history shows, and others.
You will find a quality assured attraction in all the main towns including Valletta, Mdina and Rabat, as well as in smaller villages such as Siggiewi, and even on the island of Gozo.
The following attractions have been awarded the certification:
Casa Bernard, Rabat
Casa Rocca Piccola, Valletta
Fort Rinella, Kalkara
Gozo 360° Multivision Show, Victoria, Gozo
Magro Food Village, Xewkija, Gozo
Malta Classic Car Museum, Qawra
Malta Experience, Valletta
Malta at War Museum, Vittoriosa
Malta National Aquarium, Qawra
Malta 5D, Valletta
Malta Aviation Museum, Ta' Qali
Malta Fun Trains - Sightseeing Train Tour, Rabat Route
Palazzo Falson Historic House Museum, Mdina
Playmobil FunPark, Hal-Far
Saluting Battery, Valletta
The Limestone Heritage Park and Gardens, Siggiewi
The Knights of Malta, Mdina
The Mdina Experience, Mdina
The Wignacourt Museum, Rabat
Valletta Living History, Valletta
The following are some of the requirements that are met by attractions displaying the ‘Quality Assured' logo:
• The attraction is regularly audited against detailed quality criteria, such as quality of content, interpretation and layout.
• The attraction is open on a regular basis and has set opening hours.
• Staff is well-trained and offers a caring and professional service.
• The attraction values visitor feedback.
• The attraction's website includes all the information required to plan a visit, such as information on ticket prices, opening hours, directions to the attraction and accessibility.
For more detailed information on this scheme please click here.