A Night for Music with John Lundgren and pianist Sofia Narmania in a musical journey through works of classic and romantic composers including Mozart, Wagner, Bizet and Rangströma, set in the elegant ambience of the Ballroom at the Casino Maltese.
- 4 December 2021
- From 08:00 pm to 09:30 pm
- Casino Maltese, Republic Street, Valletta, Malta
A Night for Music with John Lundgren brings together the powerful voice of John Lundgren and the musical prowess of pianist Klavs Lewinski in a musical journey through the works of the great composers of the classic and romantic eras including Mozart, Wagner, Bizet and Rangströma, set in the elegant ambience of the Ballroom at the Casino Maltese.
Pianist Sofia Narmania displayed tremendous interest in music from an early age and started giving her first concerts at the age of seven. Her musical development was shaped by her studies at the Moscow Conservatoire, where she graduated with honours in the class of Prof. I.Plotnikova.
A winner of an international competition in Italy (1st prize), her extensive repertoire covers all musical periods and styles. In March 2014, she made a recording of works by modern Italian composer Federico Gozzelino. Having performed in Greece, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Holland, Russia and Malta; Sofia performs works by Scarlatti and Bach, Liszt and Rachmaninov, Ginastera and Piazolla.
John Lundgren is a dramatic baritone and a versatile performer. He combines his powerful voice with a fine sensitivity for the dramatic opera repertoire. Guest engagements have taken the Swedish baritone to important opera houses such as London, Munich, Berlin, Stockholm, Zürich, Geneva, Dresden, Hamburg, Leipzig, Amsterdam, Gothenburg, Oslo, Beijing and Tokyo as well as to the Bregenz and Bayreuth Festivals.
His repertoire includes roles such as Scarpia (Tosca), Jack Rance (Fanciulla del West), Alberich/Wotan (Der Ring des Nibelungen), Telramund (Lohengrin), Amfortas (Parsifal), Barak (Die Frau ohne Schatten), Jochanaan (Salome) Don Pizarro (Fidelio), Tomski (Pique Dame), and the title roles in Der fliegende Holländer, Béla Bartók's Bluebeard's Castle and Nabucco.
Highlights of the past seasons include a Wagner-Gala with Nina Stemme and the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra, Simone (Florentine Tragedy)/ Tonio (Pagliacci) in Oviedo, “Bluebeard’s Castle” at the Bavarian State Opera, Don Pizarro (Fidelio) on tour with Swedish Chamber Orchestra and the title role in the new “Fliegender Holländer” at Bayreuther Festspiele.
The event will follow all necessary protocols as issued by the Health Department. For the safety of attendees, seats may only be purchased in bubbles as per COVID-19 guidelines issued by the Health Authorities.
As per Health Department regulations:
- All individuals of 12+ in age must present a valid and recognised vaccination certificate,
- Children between 5 and 11 years old must present a negative COVID-19 test result
- No refund on tickets will be made under any circumstances unless otherwise instructed by the event organiser. In the case of a refund being issued for tickets bought, refund will be issued on the ticket face value, and VisitMalta booking fee will NOT be refunded.
- Venue Owner reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission to any persons whose conduct is disorderly or unbecoming.
- The organizer may add, withdraw or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes, event times, seating arrangements and audience capacity without prior notice.
- The organizer may postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop the event due to adverse weather, dangerous situations, or any other causes beyond his reasonable control
L.O.L. Surprise! by VisitMalta
5 April 2022
Glass & Class: Wine Regions of Portugal
28 January 2022
Valletta Baroque Festival 2022
14 January 2022
ZfinMalta’s Company Open Classes
31 January 2022
5 February 2022
Modern Talking - LIVE in Concert
14 February 2022
ŻfinDays – double bill
18 February 2022
A Little Bit of Opera
27 November 2021