Churches & Religious Sites

PARISH CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF MT. CARMEL

Tower Road, Tas-Sliema, Malta

Parish Church of our Lady of Mt. Carmel

The Parish Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel or simply known as the Carmelite Church or Balluta Parish Church is a neo-gothic Roman Catholic parish church located in Balluta Bay in the town of St Julian's, Malta.

History of the Church

The present church, which is a prominent landmark in St Julians, dates from the early to the mid 20th century. The original Carmelite church was a small neo-gothic chapel which was built in 1859 on plans by Giuseppe Bonavia. The church was rebuilt in 1877 on plans by Emanuele Luigi Galizia. Afterwards it was handed over to the Carmelite friars who rebuilt it again in 1900 on plans by architect Gustavo R. Vincenti. After his death Joseph M. Spiteri took over. The church was then enlarged in 1958. In 1974, the area around the church was created into a parish, separate from the parish of St Julians, and the Carmelite church was chosen as the parish church. The church was dedicated on December 12, 1984.

For more information about churches in Malta and Gozo visit this website

Coordonnées

  • Téléphone: +356 21344306

Equipements & services

  • Emplacement en bord de merEmplacement en bord de mer

Informations générales

  • Jours d'ouverture:
    • Lundi
    • Mardi
    • Mercredi
    • Jeudi
    • Vendredi
    • Samedi
    • Dimanche
Voir sur la carte