3de partij organisatie informatie
283/1 Rue d’Argens, Gżira, GŻR 1364, Malta
Gzira is an urban locality between Sliema and Msida on the western side of Marsamxett Harbour.
It has a seafront promenade with views over Manoel Island to Valletta. The only landward access to Manoel Island is the bridge from the Gzira strand. This small island lies in Marsamxett Harbour between Sliema Creek and Lazzaretto Creek. The Knights of St. John realised the potential of the Island as an isolation enclave against the plague and other infectious diseases and built a quarantine hospital here in 1643. In 1722, Grand Master Manoel de Vilhena began to appreciate the value of the Island for the defence of Valletta and commissioned the fortress which bears his name, Fort Manoel. Completed in 1726 in baroque style, it is a remarkable military building. The fort was badly damaged in World War II, but is being restored as part of the development of the Manoel Island and nearby Tigne’ as a residential and commercial area. The Island has boat repair yards and winter berthing facilities. Gzira shops include numerous yacht brokers and chandlers which serve the nearby Ta’ Xbiex and Msida Marinas.
Faciliteiten en diensten
- Faciliteiten Voor Minder Validen
- Kust Locatie
- Openbare Telefoon
- Openbare Toiletten
- Parkeergelegenheid Voor Minder Validen
- Winkels Binnen 1 km