Malta and Gozo are becoming increasingly popular locations for the purchase or rental of second homes.
Situated at the very heart of the Mediterranean Sea, with easy access from all major cities in Europe, North Africa and neighbouring states, the islands have many advantages to offer, including the following:
– An excellent climate with pleasant all year round weather.
– Genuinely friendly and hospitable people who will make it easy to integrate within the local community.
– Very low levels of crime which make Malta one of the safest places in the region.
– A member of the European Union since 2004, Malta is an independent republic enjoying political stability.
– English is one of the two official languages of the Islands and is spoken fluently by everyone.
– The island boasts a high standard of hospital and medical services, both private and public.
– Excellent schooling with a choice of English-speaking schools and University.
– A relatively low cost of living.
– A stable property market offering a wide variety of properties in all price ranges, and good prospects for capital growth.
These, together with an abundance of historical and cultural attractions, crystal clear seas, a variety of sporting facilities (including world class diving) and a lively calendar of events, make these islands a favourite for those seeking their dream ‘Place in the Sun’. Moreover, the residency conditions are very attractive and include a favourable tax regime and the absence of Rates or Council taxes.
Purchase of Property by Non-Maltese Buyers
It is quite easy for a non-Maltese to purchase property in Malta and Gozo. Naturally, some conditions apply including certain restrictions regarding the minimum value of property that can be purchased and the use that the buyer will make of the property. Some buyers may also require a special permit.
For further information and assistance, we recommend that you contact one of the excellent local Estate Agents who can offer professional guidance and advice to help you make the best choice.