Gardens

LAPARELLI GARDEN

Valletta Ditch, Valletta, Malta

Laparelli Garden

Laparelli Garden, named after the Italian architect who designed Valletta in 1566, is a public garden located in the ditch below Valletta’s City Gate bastions.

Inaugurated in February 2019, the garden was formerly a car park which was transformed as part of the regeneration of the area that also included the new City Gate and Parliament building, as well as the restored Triton Fountain and the surrounding square. 

Surrounded by the imposing Valletta fortifications on all sides, the Laparelli Garden features green landscaping, open spaces, benches and around 50 indigenous trees.

The new garden is accessible by a lift from City Gate and a staircase from the Parliament building, as well as from Great Siege Road at the end of the ditch.

The Grand Harbour Regeneration Corporation (GHRC) was responsible for the contracting and project management of the regeneration of Laparelli Garden. 

For more information contact the Cleansing and Maintenance Directorate by calling on  356 22897304.

Contact Information

  • Phone: +356 22897304

Facilities & Services

  • Town/City LocationTown/City Location
View on Map