Towns & Villages

MARSA

173, Triq Balbi, Marsa, MRS 1817, Malta

Marsa

The town of Marsa, situated in the innermost creek of Grand Harbour, is the nerve centre for the Islands' shipping and engineering industries.

The name Marsa means harbour in Arabic, and there have been port facilities here since Phoenician times. It was in use too in Roman times. Roman baths and catacombs have been found in the area.

Today, Marsa is home to Malta Drydocks, Malta Shipbuilding and an industrial estate. But it is also synonymous with sports. The Marsa Sports Complex houses a modern horseracing course, the Marsa Sports Club with its 18-hole golf course, and the National Athletics Stadium.

Contact Information

  • Contact: Marsa Local Council
  • Phone: +356 21220522
  • Phone: +356 21220606

Facilities & Services

  • Coastal LocationCoastal Location
  • Disabled FacilitiesDisabled Facilities
  • Disabled ParkingDisabled Parking
  • GardenGarden
  • ParkingParking
  • Public PayphonePublic Payphone
  • Public ToiletsPublic Toilets
  • RestaurantRestaurant
  • Seaside LocationSeaside Location
  • Shops within 1 kmShops within 1 km
View on Map