Fortifications & Towers

QALET MARKU TOWER

Tul il-Kosta, Baħar iċ-Ċagħaq, Malta

Qalet Marku Tower

This is one of Grand Master de Redin's watch towers and is situated a few hundred metres from the Għallis Tower.

Also known as St Mark's Tower, this is probably the third of the thirteen towers built by Grand Master de Redin. The stone work cost 408 scudi and was paid for by the Grand Master.

Its construction and history is similar to that for Ghallis Tower and it was built between March 1658 and July of the following year together with the other twelve towers.

During the British period a small room was built in front of the Tower to serve as a guard room but only its foundations remain. On the first floor there is an inlet to an underground well.

Contact Information

  • Phone: +356 21225952

Facilities & Services

  • Coastal LocationCoastal Location

General Information

  • Opening Hours: By appointment only
View on Map