Churches & Religious Sites

BALZAN PARISH CHURCH

36, Triq Idmejda, Ħal Balzan, Malta

Balzan Parish Church

Balzan became a parish on the 14th August 1655 and the old church of the Annunciation became the parish church. In December 1669 work started on the building of a new church and four years later, part of the building was already in use (although the works continued till 1695). The style of its facade is pre-Baroque. The building of the new parish church was taken in hand immediately after the parish status had been attained and its foundation stone was blessed by the parish priest on the 26th December 1669. The main aisle was already in use during the Pastoral Visit of 1671-74. By 1709 the whole edifice, including the belfry was ready. This church was blessed when still incomplete on the 23rd January 1693, and was consecrated by Bishop Labini on the 7th October 1781.

Coordonnées

  • Contact: Fr Kalcidon Vassallo
  • Téléphone: +356 21448333

Equipements & services

  • Accueil des enfantsAccueil des enfants
  • Aménagements pour les personnes à mobilité réduiteAménagements pour les personnes à mobilité réduite
  • Emplacement urbainEmplacement urbain
  • Interdiction de fumerInterdiction de fumer
  • ParkingParking
  • Parking pour les personnes à mobilité réduiteParking pour les personnes à mobilité réduite

Informations générales

  • Jours d'ouverture:
    • Lundi
    • Mardi
    • Mercredi
    • Jeudi
    • Vendredi
    • Samedi
    • Dimanche
Voir sur la carte