Városok és Falvak

ĦAD-DINGLI

Centru tal-Komunità, Daħhla tas-Sienja, Ħad-Dingli, DGL 1880, Malta

Ħad-Dingli

The village of Had-Dingli lies on a plateau some 250 metres above sea level just in land from the spectacular Dingli Cliffs.

The area provides not only open sea views over the tiny, uninhabited isle of Fifla, but also an excellent vantage point over Malta. From the cliffs there are views inland of nearby Buskett Gardens and Verdala Palace. The countryside here is ideal for walking.

Had-Dingli today is a quiet, rural area though in late medieval times it was one of Malta's largest parishes. The parish church of St. Mary, originally built in 1678, dominates the skyline. The streets around it are narrow and winding and typical of an old agricultural village. Perched on the cliff top is the smaller wayside chapel of St. Mary Magdalene, dating from 1646.

Within the limits of Had-Dingli are several prehistoric sites: the so-called `cart ruts', unexplained parallel tracks hewn in the rock; and several megalithic structures.

Elérhetőségek

  • Elérhetőség: Dingli Local Council
  • Telefon: +356 21456060
  • Telefon: +356 21454555
  • Fax: +356 21457226

Felszereltség és szolgáltatás

  • ÉtteremÉtterem
  • KertKert
  • Mozgássérült parkolóMozgássérült parkoló
  • Mozgássérültek fogadására felszerelveMozgássérültek fogadására felszerelve
  • Nyilvános telefonNyilvános telefon
  • Nyilvános WCNyilvános WC
  • ParkolóParkoló
  • Üzletek 1 km-en belülÜzletek 1 km-en belül
  • Vidéki elhelyezkedésVidéki elhelyezkedés
Megtekintés a térképen