Towns & Villages

SANTA LUĊIJA

Triq Santa Lucija, Santa Luċija, Gozo

Santa Luċija

The village of Santa Lucija lies to the west of Victoria, the capital city of Gozo and right next door to Ta' Kercem.

It is one of the greenest areas on Gozo and was once known for its fresh water springs. The church dedicated to St. Lucy, was first recorded in 1575, and rebuilt from its foundations in the 1790’s. The latest development took place in 1950. The village square is marked by a traditional stone cross. Santa Lucija (St. Lucy) is invoked by those who have problems with their eyesight. The feast day is on December 13th.

In 2008, the locality of Santa Lucija was awarded the title of European Destination of Excellence.

 

Contact informatie

Faciliteiten en diensten

  • Faciliteiten Voor Minder ValidenFaciliteiten Voor Minder Validen
  • Landelijke OmgevingLandelijke Omgeving
  • Openbare TelefoonOpenbare Telefoon
  • Openbare ToilettenOpenbare Toiletten
  • Parkeergelegenheid Voor Minder ValidenParkeergelegenheid Voor Minder Validen
  • ParkerenParkeren
  • Winkels Binnen 1 kmWinkels Binnen 1 km
Bekijk op de kaart