Churches & Religious Sites

CAPILLA DE SANTA MARIJA

Bir Miftuħ, limits of Gudja, Malta

Capilla de Santa Marija

Esta capilla fue construida en torno a 1430 y es uno de los ejemplos mejor conservados de la iglesia parroquial del siglo XV, en Malta. Tiene unos interesantes frescos y es el lugar ideal para el festival anual de música Bir Miftuh organizado cada primavera por Din l-Art Helwa.

This Chapel located in Gudja is one of the best preserved examples of a parish church of the fifteenth century. It was declared a parish in 1436 by Bishop Senatore de Mello and served as such until 1676 when the Parish Church of Gudja was built. It was never in the centre of a village but was a parish church that served several villages. The Chapel is free standing and shows a growing confidence in the handling of stone structures. It has a plain rectangular plan and measures about eleven by fourteen metres. The remains of a fresco covering the inside western wall were discovered between 1978 and 1980 having been covered by six layers of lime.

Información de contacto

  • Contacto: Din l-Art Ħelwa
  • Teléfono: +356 21225952
  • Fax: +356 21225952

Instalaciones & Servicios

  • Localización en el campoLocalización en el campo

Información General

  • Días de apertura:
    • Domingo
  • Horarios de apertura: Open first Sunday of the month 0930hrs till 1200hrs, and by appointment.
Ver en el mapa