Towns & Villages

COSPICUA (BORMLA)

“The Rest”, 2a Misraħ Santa Margerita, Cospicua, BML1202, Malta

Cospicua (Bormla)

Cospicua is the largest of the Three Cities on Grand Harbour opposite Valletta.

It is known to many by its earlier name, Bormla. The city was renamed by the Knights of St. John because of the brave ('conspicuous') role played by its people during the Great Siege of 1565.

Most of Cospicua's shoreline is taken up by the older dockyard - an area now being restored and developed as a marina. The city suffered extensive damage during World War II and although rebuilt, it has fewer inhabitants than in the pre-war years.

Modern Cospicua is an important market centre in the heart of the docklands. The main building of cultural interest is the Collegiate Church of the Immaculate Conception, which is rich in exquisite works of art. The Firenzuola Fortifications, built in 1638, and Margherita Lines, part of the inland defences the Three Cities, are major landmarks. The Margherita Lines are in fact the only part of old Cospicua which survived World War II.

コンタクトインフォメーション

  • コンタクト: Cospicua Local Council
  • 電話: +356 21663030
  • 電話: +356 21672222
  • ファックス: +356 21664236

施設とサービス

  • レストランレストラン
  • 公衆トイレ公衆トイレ
  • 公衆電話公衆電話
  • 商店まで1km以内商店まで1km以内
  • 庭
  • 海側海側
  • 障害者用施設障害者用施設
  • 障害者用駐車場障害者用駐車場
  • 駐車場駐車場
地図上で見る