Towns & Villages

GUDJA

88 Triq Ray Caruana, Gudja, GDJ 1010, Malta

Gudja

Gudja can claim to be the `mother parish' of nearly all the surrounding southern villages and hamlets.

The chapel of St Mary Ta' Bir Miftuh now stands alone in the countryside near the airport, but it was the seat of one of 12 medieval parishes on the Islands. Restored in recent years, Bir Miftuh is an important historical and architectural site of the pre-baroque period. It contains a series of frescoes. Nothing remains of the earlier surrounding village except for the base of a stone militia cross.

`Modern' Gudja is typical of southern Maltese villages but perhaps unusual in that it has three baroque churches; one is a fine example of the work of Maltese architect Tumas Dingli (1591-1666). This parish church dominates the tiny village of barely 3000 inhabitants.

On the outskirts of Gudja, is a lovely country house known as Casa d'Auriel or Casa Bettina, with an ornate folly in its gardens.

コンタクトインフォメーション

  • コンタクト: Gudja Local Council
  • 電話: +356 21672020
  • 電話: +356 21664646

施設とサービス

  • レストランレストラン
  • 公衆トイレ公衆トイレ
  • 公衆電話公衆電話
  • 商店まで1km以内商店まで1km以内
  • 庭
  • 町/市 ロケーション町/市 ロケーション
  • 障害者用施設障害者用施設
  • 障害者用駐車場障害者用駐車場
  • 駐車場駐車場
地図上で見る