Skip to main content

3rd Party Organisation Information

Towns & Villages

MELLIEĦA

126, Triq il-Mitħna l-Ġdida, Mellieħa, MLĦ 1107, Malta

Mellieħa

Mellieha was once an isolated 15th century hamlet perched on the ridge overlooking Ghadira Bay.

It was abandoned for a couple of centuries because of its vulnerability to pirate and Saracen attack. Re-inhabited in the early 18th century, it has since developed into a flourishing town though it retains a quaint historic centre with narrow streets and stepped alleys. From the terrace of the Parish Church, there is a panoramic view over Mellieha Bay and the surrounding countryside.

Beneath the church is the Chapel of the Blessed Virgin, a national shrine. A fresco of the Madonna and Child is said to have been painted by St. Luke. This legend has made the troglodyte chapel into a popular place of pilgrimage. The walls are lined with ex-voto offerings and paintings - a testimony to the devotion of the people.

Mellieha today is a modern town noted for its large private villas and houses which have been built on land overlooking the bay. While the town has developed into a resort, it has managed to retain some of its rural character.

Контактная информация

  • Контакт: Mellieħa Local Council
  • Телефон: +356 21521333
  • Телефон: +356 21521666

Инфраструктура и услуги

  • WiFiWiFi
  • Водные виды спортаВодные виды спорта
  • Инфраструктура для инвалидовИнфраструктура для инвалидов
  • Магазины в радиусе 1 кмМагазины в радиусе 1 км
  • Общественные туалетыОбщественные туалеты
  • Общественный платный телефонОбщественный платный телефон
  • ПарковкаПарковка
  • Парковка для инвалидовПарковка для инвалидов
  • Расположен на морском побережьеРасположен на морском побережье
  • РесторанРесторан
  • СадСад
Вид на карте