Churches & Religious Sites

CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF VICTORIES

Triq iż-Żewġ Mini, Senglea, Malta

Church Of Our Lady Of Victories

The Collegiate Church of Our Lady of Victories (the Parish Church of Senglea) built in 1743, was destroyed in January 1941 during a severe air attack on the HMS Illustrious which was berthed in the creek nearby.

Work on the new church was finished in 1957 when it was reconsecrated. The parish had been elevated to the rank of Basilica in 1921 by Pope Benedict XV. The most precious treasure in the church is a wooden statue of the Virgin which is kept in the last chapel on the left of the nave, encased in silver.

The festa, when the statue is brought out of the church, is a memorable sight. The Church is dedicated to our Lady of Victories, also known as Maria Bambina.

In front of the church is a monument dedicated to those who died during the bombing of World War II.

Kontaktuppgifter

  • Kontakt: Senglea Parish
  • Telefon: +356 21245350

Resurser och tjänster

  • Stad/OrtStad/Ort

Allmän information

  • Öppettider:
    • Måndag
    • Tisdag
    • Onsdag
    • Torsdag
    • Fredag
    • Lördag
    • Söndag
Visa på karta